Confidential | Omaha, NE, United States
Industry: Legal | Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Apr 07, 2021
Experience: 2-4 Years
Practice Areas: Corporate, Labor & Employment, Litigation, Contract Law, Corporate - Investment Company Act, Corporate - M&A, Corporate - Private Equity, Corporate - Venture Capital, Corporate - Securities and Capital Markets, Corporate - General, Litigation – Personal Injury
The ideal candidate will bring at least 2 years' experience in corporate and transactional practice. This unique law firm provides dynamic legal services for physicians, businesses, and entrepreneurs. It is seeking a reliable and driven associate attorney who is intellectually curious, has excellent writing and communication skills, and has a strong work ethic. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and be able to independently handle and deliver projects from start to finish. Four years' experience practicing as an attorney is preferred, with preferred emphasis in corporate transactions, physician contracts, contract review, employment law, entity formations, and estate planning. Arrangements may be made with the ideal candidate to potentially work from home.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Contract drafting and review
- Corporate law including intellectual property, entity formation, corporate compliance
- Federal and state statutory review and research
- Handle projects and tasks from start to finish while independently problem-solving
- Utilize commercial and business acumen to properly identify, assess, and handle risk
- Draft litigation pleadings as needed
- Minimum 2 years of attorney experience required, 4 years preferred, with an emphasis in corporate/transactional work;
- Currently licensed to practice law in Nebraska and preferably Iowa, or willing to waive in;
- Experience drafting transaction contracts and documents;
- Ability to communicate complex matters in oral and written form and properly identify risk; and
- Strong work ethic, independence, and inherent responsibility to complete tasks from start to finish.
- All applicants must submit a current resume, cover letter, and references. Applicants may be requested to submit a writing sample and unofficial transcript. Remote candidates may be considered.