Legal Staff Legal Secretary in Palo Alto, CA
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP. | Palo Alto, CA, United States
Industry: Legal | Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Nov 08, 2023
Salary: USD 75000 to 105000 Annually | Experience: 5 Years
Practice Areas: Corporate, Real Estate, Litigation, Corporate - General, Litigation - General/Commercial
# Legal Secretary - Team Support
Gibson Dunn is a leading global law firm, advising clients on significant transactions and disputes. The firm is seeking a Legal Secretary to join their team in Palo Alto. This position offers Monday - Friday, 8:45 am - 5:00 pm hours.
## Job Summary
The Legal Secretary will provide extensive secretarial support to attorneys in litigation, corporate/transactional, and real estate practices throughout the State of California. Responsibilities include drafting letters, spreadsheets, presentations and shells/templates, including complex formatting and preparation of documents for filing with appellate courts, district courts and various state courts through attorney service and e-filing portals. Additionally, duties may include preparing corporate closing binders, signature packets, and redlining. The successful candidate must possess the ability to work effectively with various courts, agencies, firm departments and offices, engage resources in an appropriate manner and complete other job duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal office procedures
- Initiative and strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use good judgment in handling tasks in a timely and professional manner with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and problem solving
- Punctuality and reliability
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, proofreading and spelling skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience in Adobe, Forms Workflow, Workshare Compare and Best Authority preferred
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience supporting litigation and/or Corporate/Real Estate attorneys at a law firm.
## Compensation & Benefits
The annual compensation range for this position is $75-105k. Benefits offered for this position include health care; retirement benefits; paid days off, including sick time, and vacation time; parental leave; basic life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; as well as discretionary, performance-based bonuses.