How to Write a Corporate Attorney Job Description
Here are a few corporate attorney job description templates:
- Developing and maintaining current client relationships and developing their own original work over the short, or long-term, horizon.
- Representing clients in complex transactional matters including structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial and corporate documents. revising agreements, proposing strategic language and negotiating with opposing counsel.
- Representing and counseling clients in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations and related due diligence and document preparation, business succession planning and corporate governance.
- Significant expertise in advising clients on diverse business law.
- 6+ years of experience in corporate, business and transactional law. The preferred candidate has mid-to large law firm experience with immediately transferable skills.
- JD degree required and admission to the New Jersey & Pennsylvania Bar required. New York Bar is a bonus.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form with strong attention to detail. Strong drafting skills required.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with clients, staff and attorneys, and to maintain effective working relationships.
A regional law firm is seeking a corporate attorney to join their group in Rochester, NY. Candidateshould have 1-3 years of corporate experience. This is a great opportunity to work on a broad range of transactions in different industries. The firm prides itself in a very collegial and collaborative work environment.
- Some experience in corporate and other transactional matters.
- Background or demonstrated interest in corporate tax or finance is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Member of the NY bar, or willing to sit for it shortly after being hired.
Need help writing your legal job description?
Use our legal job description templates to create and post your job on HiringPartner.