Koprince Law LLC | Lawrence, KS, United States
Industry: Legal | Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Apr 23, 2021
Practice Areas: Government Contracts
Job overview: Koprince Law LLC is seeking to hire a full-time Associate Attorney (associate) as an attorney in a law firm. This position will be responsible for providing a wide range of legal services to federal government contractors.
Koprince Law LLC is a boutique law firm in Lawrence, Kansas that focuses exclusively on serving the unique legal needs of U.S. federal government contractors. Koprince Law is a leader in the field - our attorneys have published multiple books on federal government contracts, speak regularly on the topic, and have been featured guests on podcasts and quoted in numerous national publications. The firm also produces one of the most widely-read blogs in the field, SmallGovCon.
Koprince Law holds certain values to be central to its mission:
* Client-Focused. Our business would not exist without our clients. At Koprince Law, almost everything we do—from the way we answer the telephone to the quality of the legal briefs we produce—is done with the goal of giving our clients the best possible experience working with our firm.
* Respect. We are “professionals” in the truest sense of the word. From our interactions with clients and vendors to the atmosphere inside the office itself, we treat everyone with respect and courtesy.
* Quality of Life. We work hard on behalf of our clients, but we never forget that many of the most important things in life are found outside of the office. At Koprince Law, we believe that our employees are happiest when their hard work does not prevent them from enjoying life.
* Improvement. We work in a dynamic profession in a vibrant city, and we know that there is always room for improvement and growth. From soliciting feedback from clients and colleagues (and acting on it) to encouraging professional development, we are always aiming to improve ourselves and our firm.
* Fun. Yes, it’s a job, and there will always be days that all of us wish we were somewhere else. But Koprince Law also encourages a little fun, too—whether it is firm-sponsored birthday parties, March Madness brackets, snacklucks, or just taking a few minutes in the break room to chat with your colleagues, Koprince Law is a place where you can be yourself.
For more information, visit www.koprince.com and www.smallgovcon.com.
Hours: Full-time; standard hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday
Start date: April or May, 2021
Work location: Koprince Law LLC office, 901 Kentucky Street, Suite 301, Lawrence, KS 66049
Lawrence, KS is in northeast Kansas 45 minutes outside of Kansas City and is home to the University of Kansas. A city of 90,000, Lawrence has a cosmopolitan feel with a vibrant downtown complete with shopping, bars, restaurants, several live music venues, and an active arts district. For the outdoors and sports enthusiasts, Lawrence boasts Clinton Lake, Rock Chalk Park, and of course Jayhawk sports! The city frequently lands on best places to live lists. Add in Lawrence's low cost of living, and it is a wonderful place to live and work.
Salary and Benefits: $75,000-$90,000 based on experience and qualifications, plus a health insurance package that includes employer covered medical and vision insurance with optional dental insurance, an IRA plan with employer contributions, generous paid time off package, consideration for biannual performance-based bonuses, and other employment benefits.
Government contracts legal services
· Preparing and negotiating subcontracts, teaming agreements, and similar contractual documents
· Administrative litigation
· Counseling clients on federal acquisition regulations
· Researching and writing legal memoranda and briefs
· Much more (note: courtroom litigation and oral advocacy are extremely rare)
Client engagement and customer service
· Serve as a secondary contact for clients
· Maintain accurate records in the firm’s CRM
· Provide the highest level of service possible to clients and other contacts
· Research and write blog posts for SmallGovCon
· Special projects as assigned
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic attorney. Knowledge of federal government contracting law is not required.
· Strong research skills
· Strong written communication skills
· Strong written advocacy skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially over the phone
· Active bar membership prior to anticipated start
· Provide high level of customer service
· Self-starter; work well independently
· Strong attention to detail
· Advanced multi-tasking abilities
· Strong organizational skills
· Work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
· Ability to work hard and have fun; sense of humor required
· 2 or more years of experience working as an attorney at a law firm
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, transcript, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Koprince Law will only consider complete applications.
Your cover letter should express your interest in working in the field of federal government contracts.
Your writing sample should reflect your original legal research and writing; light editing by others is acceptable but co-authored pieces are discouraged.
All staff members have their own offices. We require masks for in person meetings and have the option for staff to attend meetings virtually. We also have virus-filtering air filters in the office and sanitizing measures in place.