Legal Staff Paralegal in New Orleans, LA
New Orleans, LA, United States
Industry: Legal | Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Jan 14, 2024
Practice Areas: Litigation, Litigation - General/Commercial
Qualifications: Paralegal or experienced, multi-area practice secretary
# Legal Conflicts Review Analyst
## Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz P.C.
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz P.C. is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join their team as a Legal Conflicts Review Analyst. This position is available in Houston, Jackson, Memphis, Nashville, Birmingham, Baton Rouge or New Orleans.
The ideal candidate will have administrative experience, be professional, have exceptional communication, organizational and computer skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
The Conflicts Review Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
* Review assigned requests routed to the analyst through the firm s New Business Intake (NBI) platform for accuracy and completeness; resolve any deficiencies or errors
* Review conflicts reports related to assigned requests
* Identify any possible matches between parties in the new request and firm files
* Determine whether any potential matches could present a conflict
* Communicate with attorneys to determine if the new matter may present any ethical or other conflict
* Reassign matters for further review to conflict attorney for clearance, if necessary
* Document all actions taken in this process in the NBI database
* Additional tasks related to the operation of the firm s Conflicts Review Department, as assigned by Conflicts Counsel
* Possession of the skills attributable to a paralegal or experienced, multi-area practice secretary
* Flexible and independent worker who can follow instructions
* Law firm experience in opening files or clearing conflicts preferred
* Involvement with the firm s file opening/conflict system (or firm of similar size and breadth)
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Detail-oriented experience/abilities
* College degree preferred
* Must provide minimum authorization to work in the United States
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell, & Berkowitz, PC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and all employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, sexual orientation, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression and marital status.
The salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit their resumes for consideration. After our hiring committee has had a chance to review all candidates for this position, we will reach out to only those that will be moving on to the next step in our recruiting process. We appreciate your interest in the position and will contact you if further action is necessary.