Real Estate - Finance Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Industry: Legal | Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Jan 10, 2024
Salary: USD 110 to 140 Hourly | Experience: 5 Years
Practice Areas: Real Estate
Qualifications: 5+ years of lender-side financing experience in a large law firm setting, representing corporate clients, including major institutional banks
# Contract Part-Time Real Estate Finance Attorney
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an experienced real estate finance attorney to join their Real Property practice group through DWTSurge, their alternative staffing program. This contract attorney will handle lender-side financing matters, including affordable housing finance deals and projects related to low-income tax credits.
## Job Description
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of lender-side financing experience in a large law firm setting, representing corporate clients, including major institutional banks.
- Experience with affordable housing is a plus, but is not required.
- Residency and active bar admission in one of the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MN, MO, MT, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, WA, and WDC.
- Strong drafting skills and experience managing closing transactions to close.
- Experience with complex financing transactions for the acquisition, refinance, and disposition of commercial properties.
- Ability to work remotely and efficiently handle high-volume legal matters.
- Excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to produce high-quality work product with minimal supervision and direction.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with DWT on an exclusive basis.
- Flexibility to potentially increase hours, as needed.
- For candidates who are based in other states and time zones, this position requires supporting Pacific Time Zone business hours while working remotely.
- Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to produce high quality work-product in a high-volume practice.
## Salary Range
This is a temporary contract position managed by DWT s flexible contract attorney program, DWTSurge. Compensation will be paid on an hourly basis, commensurate with experience and skill level. The hourly range for this position in CA, WA, and New York is $110 - 140 per hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Part-time contract attorneys may be eligible for 401(k) and paid sick leave.
Additional benefits include:
- First Stop Health Telemedicine: Speak with a licensed physician or mental health counselor 24/7, covered by the firm
- TELUS Health Employee Assistance Program: Receive support with mental, financial, physical, and emotional wellbeing
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Milk Stork: Virtual lactation consulting, breast milk shipping and nutritional testing covered by the firm
- Wellness Benefits: Peloton App & Headspace App
Washington State Paid sick leave is accrued on a biweekly basis at a rate of 1 hour per 30 hours worked.
## Application Instructions
All applications should be submitted via DWT s website or by sending a resume and cover letter directly to DWTSurge Senior Recruiter, Mariah Watson, at email@example.com. The DWTSurge Recruiting team will be in touch as we review your application materials. For this opportunity, we are not currently accepting third party submissions.
## About Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eleven offices nationwide. They are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client s and each lawyer s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires them to build strong and lasting connections with each other, their clients, and their communities. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine - central to who they are and what they do. Their vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals - including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession - can have, and can see, a path to success.
If you are interested in applying for this contract part-time real estate finance attorney position, please click on the link below to apply. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!