Tax - General Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
Deloitte LLP | Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Industry: Legal | Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: May 23, 2023
Salary: USD 156800 to 319800 Annually | Experience: 8 Years
Practice Areas: Tax, Tax - General
Qualifications: Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA, licensed Attorney, enrolled Agent, vendor Certification for Management of Implementations (Oracle, SAP, Thomson Reuters, etc.), Project Management (PMP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Six Sigma (Black Belt)
# SAP Tax Implementation Senior Manager
## Position Summary
Are you an entrepreneurial and passionate professional looking to make an impact in the world of tax technology consulting? Deloitte Tax LLP is looking for a Senior Manager for their Enterprise Tax Integration (ETI) team to help clients maximize the strategic value of their ERP systems.
As an ETI Senior Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
* Client Management: Manage the day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
* Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; and manage engagement risk.
* Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thought-ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals.
* People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
## The Team
Deloitte s Tax Technology Consulting (TTC) team helps clients improve their operations by developing new technology-enabled, cutting-edge methods and processes. Deloitte TTC professionals are aligned across the global network of member firms to address clients objectives in a seamless fashion. Deloitte TTC teams include industry, tax, organizational change, technology, and co-sourcing specialists who help connect clients global strategies and the options that exist to turn theory into an executable plan.
The ETI team provides an integrated approach to process improvement to help the tax department maximize its strategic value to the organization. Companies that have already implemented or are considering implementing an ERP system often overlook the tax benefits these systems can provide or underestimate the impact on the tax department. To be most effective from a tax perspective, a successful ERP implementation requires professionals who specialize in tax and can effectively address a corporate tax function s unique needs, requirements, and obligations. ETI is the largest team of its type and offers the necessary combination of skills, methodology, and practical experience to help clients avoid the pitfalls of an ERP implementation.
* 8+ years experience in corporate, multistate, indirect, value-added, or transaction tax compliance
* Completion of at least two full lifecycle SAP implementations
* Experience with tax technology applications (e.g. OneSource, Vertex, Avalara, Sovos/Taxware, Oracle Enterprise Business Tax)
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills using MS Visio and MS PowerPoint
* Ability to travel 80-100%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* One of the following accreditations obtained:
* Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
* If not CPA eligible:
* Licensed Attorney
* Enrolled Agent
* Vendor Certification for Management of Implementations (Oracle, SAP, Thomson Reuters, etc.)
* Project Management (PMP)
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
* Six Sigma (Black Belt)
* Other - additional various tax technology accreditations may be acceptable based on business review and approval
* Advanced degree such as MST, JD, or LLM
* Bachelor s degree in accounting, computer science, or related field
* Experience with a Big 4 firm, large ERP/consulting organization, or a large corporate tax department of a multinational company
* Experience in ERP system implementation
* Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
* Experience working directly with clients
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals
## Salary Range
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $156,800 to $319,800.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
## Additional Benefits
At Deloitte, we value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. These include:
* Recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters to help you stand out from
Thank You for Your Application
Your profile is created. Your email is your user name.
Please configure your password for future used.
Your application has been submitted successfully!