Legal Staff Paralegal in Deerfield Beach, FL
Deerfield Beach, FL, United States
Industry: Legal | Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Jan 09, 2024
Qualifications: Working knowledge of foreclosure law and terminology
## Senior Legal Assistant at Law Firm
Law Firm is seeking a Senior Legal Assistant for our Deerfield Beach, FL location. The ideal applicant will have experience in default operations, specifically the processing of foreclosure case files. This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Draft and e-file pleadings/motions/papers from the First Legal stage through Judgment.
- Schedule hearings, trials, and other appearances, as necessary.
- Maintaining and updating office calendar.
- Run and review SCRA and PACER searches.
- Review collateral documents for chain of title
- Communicate directly with Judges chambers, Clerk s offices, and opposing counsel.
- Communicate directly with clients via email and various client systems, such as BKFS/LPS and Tempo.
- Maintaining an updated caseload in CaseAware.
- Assist with prioritizing caseload and meeting deadlines.
- Assist with developing internal procedures and training materials.
- Working knowledge of foreclosure law and terminology
- Excellent professional communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Teams, and MS Word
- Well organized, effective time management, prioritize and allocate workload for optimum efficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Strong work and business ethics; Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a Team Player
- Effective problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of client systems including Black Knight/LPS, Tempo, CaseAware
### Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- General high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at
- Occasional overtime may be required
Salary is commensurate with experience.
### About Law Firm
Law Firm is a full-service default and creditors rights law firm delivering quality, cost-effective legal services for financial institutions throughout most of the Eastern United States. The founding partners of Law Firm established a forward-thinking, client focused law firm, centered on an unwavering commitment to the following core values:
### How to Apply
A successful candidate must pass a background check and be able to provide two professional references. All candidates will be subject to pre-employment screens and confirmation of eligibility to work in the United States. Candidates may also be subject to criminal and/or credit history checks and reference checks depending on the nature of the position for which they are applying. Consideration for employment with Law Firm is conditional upon successful completion of these required standards.
Law Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
If you are interested in applying for this Senior Legal Assistant position, please submit your resume and cover letter.