Legal Staff Legal Secretary in Los Angeles, CA
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP. | Los Angeles, CA, United States
Industry: Legal | Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Nov 08, 2023
Salary: USD 75000 to 105000 Annually | Experience: 5 Years
Practice Areas: Corporate, Real Estate, Litigation, Corporate - General, Litigation - General/Commercial
Qualifications: Comprehensive knowledge of legal office procedures, strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, good judgment in handling tasks in a timely and professional manner with limited supervision. Strong attention to detail, organization, solid computer proficiencies and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and problem solving while remaining calm in deadline-driven situations. Excellent grammar, punctuation, proofreading and spelling skills.
## Legal Secretary - Team Support
Gibson Dunn is a leading global law firm, providing clients with creative legal strategies and comprehensive advice on significant transactions and disputes. Our exceptional teams are adept in crafting and deploying meticulous strategies that are tailored to each matter, regardless of its complexity or stakes. The firm s work is characterized by a unique blend of precision and vision.
Based in California, the role of Legal Secretary - Team Support is part of a team of secretaries that provide extensive secretarial support to attorneys in litigation, corporate/transactional, and real estate practices throughout the State of California.
* Drafting letters, spreadsheets, presentations and shells/templates, including complex formatting and preparation of documents for filing with appellate courts, district courts and various state courts through attorney service and e-filing portals. This includes, but is not limited to, tables of authorities, preparing exhibits, declarations and [proposed] orders.
* Corporate/ Real Estate responsibilities include preparing corporate closing binders, signature packets, and redlining.
* Research and obtain information, facilitate the completion of forms and processes, and other administrative tasks, including processing invoices, reimbursements, reviewing time entries and coordinating travel arrangements.
* Work effectively with various courts, agencies, firm departments and offices, engage resources in an appropriate manner and complete other job duties as assigned.
This role reports to the Director of Administration.
* Comprehensive knowledge of legal office procedures.
* Initiative and strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to use good judgment in handling tasks in a timely and professional manner with limited supervision.
* Strong attention to detail, organization, solid computer proficiencies and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and problem solving while remaining calm in deadline-driven situations is required.
* Work ethic of punctuality and reliability. Excellent grammar, punctuation, proofreading and spelling skills.
* Five years of experience supporting litigation and/or Corporate/ Real Estate attorneys at a law firm.
* High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience in Adobe, Forms Workflow, Workshare Compare and Best Authority preferred.
#### Compensation & Benefits
The annual compensation range for this position is $75-105k. The salary offered within this range will depend upon qualifications and other operational considerations. Benefits offered for this position include health care; retirement benefits; paid days off, including sick time, and vacation time; parental leave; basic life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; as well as discretionary, performance-based bonuses.
Gibson Dunn will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of local law.